Class of 2020 Commencement
Congratulations to the Class of 2020! Parents, students, and guests, you will find all the important information about graduation here.
Steps to Graduation
**Updated June 9, 2020**Step 1. Graduates complete your 2020 Graduation Student and Guest Screening Form (Click here for the form).
Only the graduate can submit. Students, YOU MUST BE SIGNED ON TO YOUR DISTRICT EMAIL ACCOUNT TO COMPLETE THE FORM.
Step 2. Attend virtual graduation planning on Thursday, June 11. Check your school email for the link.
Step 3. Pick up your tickets, cords, and masks at Fabens High School on Friday, June 12, from 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Guests will be required to present their tickets at the gate at the Amador Villalobos Athletic Complex. We will not allow anyone through the gate without a ticket.
Step 4. Guests will drop off students at The CVECHS campus on the 4th Street side beginning 7 a.m.
Once students are dropped off, you will be given a temperature reading before you are allowed to participate.
If you did not submit a screening form prior to Saturday, you will be required to fill one out for you and your guests before you are allowed to participate.
Graduates, don't forget:
- Your cap and gown
- Stoles, and/or honor cords
- Mask (issued at screening - No one may enter without protective face covering. Please keep it on at all times)
- You may bring 1 water bottle - no glass.
- Bring your personal belongings in a clear bag. (All bags are subject to search, a clear bag makes it easy)
- Once you check-in you will immediately proceed to one of the classrooms before you take the field at your assigned seat.
- Around 7:30 a.m. we will announce to graduates to take the field. Practice social distance guidelines. Find your designated seat. Your seat will be marked with your name attached to an index card.
- Once graduation concludes, you will return to the CVECHS campus in the classroom you were in prior to the graduation.
- Guests will begin to line up on the 4th Street side where you will be picked up.
Guests must show their tickets at screening
Students, Do Not Be Late. You will be screened in the order you arrive.
Please allow a sufficient amount of time for the screening process.
Step 5. Guests, once you drop off your graduate, head to the designated parking area at the Amador Villalobos Athletic Complex
Guests can enter either through the G Avenue entrance or the 2nd Street entrance. Reminder, only two guests allowed per graduate.
Guest will give your ticke to the gatekeeper.
Once you are in, head to either the West (home) or East (away) bleachers. Seating is on a first-come-first-served basis. The front row seating is reserved for guests who require ADA compliance seating.
Find the seats marked with blue painters tape. The spacing between tape is there so the district follows all social distance guidelines for outdoor graduations. You will be escorted to the designated seating area once you arrive at the bleachers.
Please be mindful of all social distancing guidelines.
Guest, don't forget:
- Your Tickets (Graduates are picking up your tickets on Friday, June 2 from 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.)
- Masks (No one may enter without protective face covering. Please keep it on at all times)
- Guests will be released by section before we release the graduates to you.
- Guests will head directly to your vehicles and drive CVECHS. We will release graduates to you from the CVECHS campus.
Save the Date
Fabens High School Class of 2020 Graduation
When: Saurday, June 13, 2020
Where: Amador Villalobos Athletic Complex
Time: 8 a.m.