Degrees and Certifications:
Masters in Specialist of Instruction (UTEP, 2014) Bachelors in Interdisciplinary Studies-Middle Grades (UTEP, 2009)
Ricardo Pacheco, M. Ed.
Fabens Middle School, Mathematics, Grade 7 | UIL Coordinator
Ricardo Pacheco is a 7th grade Mathematics teacher inspired to enhance student learning through higher-order cognitive lessons. He holds a Master's Degree in Specialist of Instruction from The University of Texas at El Paso (2014) and a Bachelor's Degree in Interdisciplinary Studies from The University of Texas at El Paso (2009). Coach R. Pacheco is the Fabens Middle School UIL Coordinator. In addition to this role, he coaches the UIL events Calculator Applications 6-8, and Editorial Writing. Furthermore, he serves as a member of the Medical Emergency Response Team, Homebound Teacher, Leadership Now Mentor Teacher for Fabens Middle School, and as the Head Middle School Boys & Girls' Cross Country Coach.
Fabens High School, Head Girls' Soccer Coach
Coach R. Pacheco is the Fabens High School Head Girls Soccer Coach who overlooks the everyday operations of the Fabens ISD Girls' Soccer Program. In this capacity, Coach Pacheco is responsible for:
- Organizes and administers girls' soccer programs of extracurricular athletics, both intramural and interscholastic, for Fabens ISD.
- Recruits, selects, trains, and supervises all girls soccer program personnel and makes sound recommendations about personnel placement, assignments, retention, discipline, and dismissal.
- Fosters good school-community relations by keeping the community aware of and responsive to the girls soccer programs.
- Coordinates with the Fabens ISD Athletic Director in responsibility for the organization and scheduling of all interscholastic girls soccer events.
- Prepares and administers the girls soccer program budgets.
- Coordinates with the Fabens ISD Athletic Director to arrange all details of visiting teams’ needs, including lodging, meals, towels, gymnasium services, and field assistance, as appropriate.
- Makes arrangements for non-school use of playing fields and facilities.
- Arranges soccer field schedules.
- Plans and supervises an annual recognition banquet for girls soccer athletes.
- Coordinates with the Fabens ISD Athletic Director to prepare and approve all interscholastic game schedules specific to girls soccer.
- Arranges transportation, lodging, and meals for out-of-town girls soccer events.
- Assists with the management of district girls soccer athletic operations by directing ticket sales, employing game officials, and ensuring preparation of facilities.
- Oversees the process of cleaning, repairing, and storing all athletic equipment.
- Promotes the development of athletic award programs at all campuses.
- Implements the Fabens ISD district management policies, communicates expected student behaviors related to athletics, and ensures enforcement of student discipline in accordance with Fabens ISD Student Code of Conduct and the student Fabens ISD handbook.
- Establishes and maintains open lines of communication by conducting conferences on vital issues with parents, students, and teachers.
- Implements the policies established by federal law, state law, State Board of Education rule, UIL rules, and local board policy in the area of athletics.
- Compiles, maintains, files, and presents all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required.
Budget and Inventory
- Administers the athletic budget and ensures that the girls soccer programs are cost effective and that funds are managed prudently.
- Compiles budgets and cost estimates based on documented program needs.
- Initiates purchase orders and bids in accordance with budgetary limitations and district policies.
- Maintains a current inventory of supplies and equipment and recommends disposal and replacement of equipment when necessary.
- Approves and forwards purchase orders for the athletic department to the accounting department.
- Assists with the preparation, reviewing, and revision of job descriptions for the girls soccer program.
- Recruits, selects, trains, and supervises all girls soccer personnel and makes sound recommendations about personnel placement, assignments, retention, discipline, and dismissal.
- Evaluates the job performance of coaches to ensure effectiveness.
- Developes training options and/or improvement plans for coaches to ensure exemplary operation in the area of athletics.
- Deals consistently and equitably with all personnel.
- Anticipates, manages, and resolves conflict effectively.
- Articulates the district’s mission and goals in the area of athletics to the community and solicites its support in realizing its mission.
- Demonstrates awareness of Fabens ISD district and community needs and initiates activities to meet those needs.
- Supports athletic booster club activities.
Professional Growth and Development
- Maintains a continuous girls soccer program of professional growth personally and for department staff.
- Supports the goals and objectives of the school district and follows all district policies.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.