On behalf of the staff at O’Donnell Intermediate School, I am happy to welcome you to the 2015-16 school year! We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
1) Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
2) Completes all homework assignments given by teachers
3) Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
4) Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
5) Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
6) Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and go on to college
Please consider joining our school volunteer program as our students can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to the school’s program and its operations. We seek volunteers to help us with the following activities:
1) Teacher-led instructional support, usually in the classroom
2) School-wide events
3) Student recognition events
4) Outreach and recruitment of parent and community volunteers
The wonderful O’Donnell staff and I feel privileged to be a part of this school family. We thank you for your support and look forward to meeting you.
Laura P. Avalos
Estimados Padres de Familia:
De parte del personal de la escuela intermedia O’Donnell, es un honor darles la bienvenida a el año escolar 2015-16, esperando trabajar en equipo con uds. para garantizar que los estudiantes trabajen con todo su potencial. Estamos conscientes de que para que los niños tengan éxito necesitan apoyo tanto de casa, como de la escuela. También sabemos que si trabajamos en equipo, impactaremos positivamente la educación de sus hijos.