The cohort is designed for local governing teams – school board members and their superintendents – that aspire to leverage a continuous improvement mindset and framework in order to have the greatest impact on student performance and outcomes.
The eight governing teams participating in Cohort II are: Cumby ISD; Donna ISD; Fabens ISD; Hidalgo ISD; Natalia ISD; New Frontiers Public Schools; Round Rock ISD; and Snyder ISD.
As part of the LSG Exemplar Cohort II, the governing teams have committed to a year-long program. Members of the cohort will take part in the Texas Education Agency’s LSG training, as well as receive extensive access to coaching and technical support from certified LSG Coaches. These school board and superintendent supports include:
- Attendance at an LSG workshop;
- Monthly board, board chair, superintendent, and staff implementation support;
- Quarterly self-evaluation support;
- Quarterly cohort calls;
- All statutorily required board member trainings;
- Early access to upcoming Lone Star Governance-related trainings; and
- Collaboration with high-performing governing teams.
LSG Exemplar Cohort II members will be sharing best practices from their experience to help strengthen school governance statewide by presenting at various regional and state conferences in the coming year.
To learn more about Lone Star Governance, visit the Texas Education Agency’s website at https://tea.texas.gov/LS